Please use the calendar below to find the diverse and inclusive events happening in Langley for families to connect, learn and have fun.
You can find a specific event using the search bar or using the filters like category, date, time, organizers, tags, and more.
- This event has passed.
Estate Planning Workshop by Inclusion Langley Society
May 24, 2022 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Join us for an Estate Planning Workshop with local Wills & Estates lawyer, Steve Burton. In this workshop, you will learn how to become well-informed about Wills, Alternate Decision Making, Trusts and Estate Planning to secure financial future for your family member with support needs.
This IN-PERSON workshop is FREE but registration is required. Click here to download the workshop poster.
- DATE/TIME: Thursday, May 26th, 2022 6:30PM-8:00PM | Register by May 24th to secure your spot.
- LOCATION: Douglas Recreation Centre | 20550 Douglas Crescent, Langley
- FREE | IN-PERSON | Registration is required.
To register or for more information, please contact Lydia Kang.
- Phone: 604-862-6807
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
ABOUT THE SPEAKER:
Steve Burton graduated from UBC with a B.Sc. and LLB. He has practiced law in Langley for over 40 years. He is currently semi-retired but still assists clients with will and estate matters.
He has given talks on estate planning on local TV, at Trinity University, at financial institutions, at strata meetings and for other community groups. Steve has been involved in the following community organizations:
- Past Chair Langley School District
- Past Township of Langley Councillor
- Past member Langley Township Parks and Recreation Commission
- Founding member of Langley Boys and Girls Club
- Past Director Langley Transition House
- Past Rotary member
- Past Director Langley Home Support
- Currently coaches Special Olympic golf and basketball
Steve has a particular focus on families with a person with a disability and the plan-ning challenges associated with those families. Come and ask questions!!